This is a 2003 Honda Element.
It is my car, and among all the many, many cars I have owned over my lifetime, it is my absolute favorite. I bought it in 2003, and have never been sorry.
It is roomy, I mean really roomy. The back seats flip up and can be attached to the sides giving the back pick-up like room. They can also be removed entirely, which I have never needed to do.
I have carried my bike as well as all of the inventory and shelving, etc., needed to do an art show. I tracked mileage the first two years, and at that time was getting 30 miles per gallon. I don't track it anymore.
Quite recently this appeared on my odometer....
...and of course, this....
I hope to get another 100,000 miles or more from this car. Regretfully, it is no longer made, I believe Honda stopped making it two years ago. Thus I sure hope it lasts forever. I believe it was originally designed with the surfing set in mind, but as far as I can tell, it became a real hit with the older crowd.
It transported Freddie and I to Decorah, IA this past weekend, to Seed Savers Heritage Farm HTTP://SEEDSAVERS.ORG
where we went for a Greg Brown concert.
It transported Freddie and I to Decorah, IA this past weekend, to Seed Savers Heritage Farm HTTP://SEEDSAVERS.ORG
where we went for a Greg Brown concert.
A sign in front of the barn building advertising the concert...
This place is surrounded with gardens, all of which looked as healthy and vigorous as this, despite the drought. Of course, they said they have hundreds of volunteers who water on a daily basis.
Here's Freddie, beer in hand.
...and there I am wine bottle in hand....
We were here along with hundreds of other people and were privileged to hear Greg Brown http://www.gregbrown.org and Bo Ramsey.
We, the audience, were blessed to have Iris DeMent, Greg Brown's wife, and a wonderful performer in her own right, join him for a couple of numbers at the end. She, as a matter of fact has not released an album of new songs for 16 years, but we will be able to hear a new one come October.









3 comments:
OK-we were there also--sorry I did not see you, it was FUN
Rats!! I did look around hoping to find people I knew, but the crowd was obviously too large. I think Denise was there as well, did you see her?
What a fun weekend. Gardens, music, fresh air....sounds perfect to me.
Post a Comment