Small and cozy log cabin at Norskedalen. Inside is an old barn loom, quite large and an old treadle sewing machine, a great venue for my items.
Here is a very long rag rug I wove, hanging over that loom. This is a double-faced rug, meaning it is really two rugs woven as one. On this side the rags are passed through the shed in groups of three, the other side, I braided the three rags (in 7 yard lengths) and then wove the braids. It is, I think, my favorite rug I've woven.
An appliqued rag table runner.
...a silk appliqued wool wall hanging...
...potholders...
...sand filled pin cushions...
...silk flower pins, chicks and heart pins...
...woven lampshades...
...another lampshade and some 'Woolies'...
...rug rack with rugs and bags...
...some more 'Woolies' and garden aprons...
...two tapestries...
Despite the cooler weather (only in the 80's) the crowd seemed down. I do believe that some of the vendors, from what I understand those outdoors, did far better than the vendors that were indoors.
It surely was not worth my time, travel, work or money...but I guess that is the way, not only of farmers, but of artists as well.
Unfortunately I do this show solo, and must wait for someone from the staff to come by for a bathroom break....and I don't ever get to browse around the other vendors. If I were to do this again, I think I'd ask family or friends to come by for an hour or so to spot me a bit.
Did a lot of reading, untangling of yarns and sketching, along with a bit of weaving as well. So it wasn't really a lost day!












3 comments:
I need to see that rug!
I am presuming you mean 'my favorite' rug..give me a call and stop by some time!
My husband and I love to drive by Norskedalen when we are travel south to visit my folks. I enjoy coming off the ridge and dropping down into the beautiful valley that surrounds Norskedalen.
Your rugs are great. I just bought a similar rug last weekend at our farmer's market. The cat's love the new rug too!
Your lampshades are wonderful....wish I could see them.
Post a Comment