The cabin now sits on its cement block foundation...hooray! I don't feel off-kilter anymore. Things seem to be coming along quite well, despite this day/week of rain.
~~~~
On another note...it is the season of rhubarb and for us, rhubarb cobbler! My own patch looks healthy and is growing, but perhaps due to its location, it is somewhat slow. I have harvested quite a bit, all small stems that are, however, sweet and tender. Luckily I have a neighbor whose rhubarb is prolific and she is quite generous.
Butter as large a pie plate as you wish and fill with cut up rhubarb. I generally use 3-4 cups of rhubarb.
I next treat this just like pie, but directly in the pie plate. Add 1 (or so) cup sugar. (I use half white and half dark brown sugar.) About 1/4 c. flour and stir all together with a large spoon, being sure to mix thoroughly.
Sprinkle a little nutmeg over the top.
Cobbler batter: Combine 1/2 c. sifted flour, 1/2 c. sugar, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. salt, 2 tbls. soft butter, and 1 large egg. Beat with a fork until smooth.
Drop by spoonfuls over the fruit mixture. It spreads as it bakes.
Bake in hot oven (400 degrees) for about 40-50 minutes.
(I use this same recipe for any fruit in season, and also with my frozen fruit.)
ENJOY!
I next treat this just like pie, but directly in the pie plate. Add 1 (or so) cup sugar. (I use half white and half dark brown sugar.) About 1/4 c. flour and stir all together with a large spoon, being sure to mix thoroughly.
Sprinkle a little nutmeg over the top.
Cobbler batter: Combine 1/2 c. sifted flour, 1/2 c. sugar, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. salt, 2 tbls. soft butter, and 1 large egg. Beat with a fork until smooth.
Drop by spoonfuls over the fruit mixture. It spreads as it bakes.
Bake in hot oven (400 degrees) for about 40-50 minutes.
(I use this same recipe for any fruit in season, and also with my frozen fruit.)
ENJOY!
~~~~
My latest weaving project was in response to a challenge given by one of the members of our Fiber Arts group. I brought some extra fine wool yarn to our last meeting and gave some to everyone. Kathy said lets have a challenge to see what we can make with this...and I thought she said 'by the next meeting'. Anyway, I have saved a few lampshade frames over the years and have meant to get to them to weave a shade. Here was my opportunity.
I used the lampshade frame as my 'loom' and warped it with the yarn. I then finger-picked, as in tapestry weaving, the weft. I used various media for the weft, but incorporated plenty of the yarn of challenge.
I used the lampshade frame as my 'loom' and warped it with the yarn. I then finger-picked, as in tapestry weaving, the weft. I used various media for the weft, but incorporated plenty of the yarn of challenge.
4 comments:
really like the lampshade, would love to see it at night-
Oh, the lampshade is such a pretty thing. Even without the embroidery. You can't stop yourself, can you?
I'm going to make rhubarb cobbler right away.
And, I love that picture of your mother and you little children. It's beautiful
Thanks for posting this recipe. It was so good at Elin's, I am looking forward to making it.
Post a Comment