Sunday, May 23, 2010

THE FLOOR IS LAID


Last week the cement truck arrived at 8:00 in the morning, as all was ready for the pouring.


Weather cooperated, and all went without a hitch.

Smoothing the floor. Rudy had extra cement and laid an entrance for me. He said, as we hadn't talked about it, that if I didn't want it he would have broken it up and taken it out. He has been so great to work with.


It had dried by early afternoon, and he was able to walk around on it with the mechanical 'smoother'. Knowing nothing about basement construction, I am amply impressed!
I am, however, getting very anxious for this project to come to completion. It is a total mess outside, and for some reason the inside of my studio is matching it...mess for mess. Although I am able to work out here while the work is going on, I must say it is a bit difficult. A couple of weeks???


On another (delicious) note...last night's supper consisted of an abundant amount of roasted asparagus (freshly picked, swathed in olive oil, garlic, a bit of oregano, freshly ground black pepper and a dash of sea salt); the last of the morels; a fresh tomato from a nearby Amish greenhouse topped with fresh basil, feta cheese and a drizzle of olive oil...and of course naan straight out of the oven. We decided that we eat pretty well here on Jug Creek.

1 comment:

Holly said...

The pictures of your meals make my mouth water and my tummy growl. The presentation!! Amazing!