The steps have been removed from the front of the deck. The basement will not just go underneath the workshop portion of the building, but will also go underneath the deck, adding a good five feet width to the room. All this dirt is so BEAUTIFUL and looks to be almost entirely topsoil! A new herb garden is in the making.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
IT FINALLY BEGINS.....
This a photo of my cabin just before construction of the basement began. The contractor thinks, given weather considerations, we should be done in a month. Of course, that means works for me on the interior just begins.
Delivery of the iron support beams and the wood cross beams.

Day one. Before the building can be raised, dirt must be dug out in order to make room for the supports.
And here it is, high up in the air. Electricity is reconnected (obviously I am here using the computer) and I will be able to use the cabin as work goes on beneath me. Getting in is a bit tricky, (note the cement-block 'steps' I fashioned to the left) but thankfully I'm agile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your cabin/studio up on blocks brings back memories of when we put a basement under our house! I am reminded nothing is impossible! Exciting project.
Post a Comment