Sometimes weeds just take over your life, both literally and figuratively...as they seem to have done to mine. Each spring I weed my asparagus patch, which has been mulched through the winter. Well, my plans to weed this patch were way-laid.
...my asparagus patch...
(Which despite my neglect has yielded as much as two pounds per day.)
Before my hand surgery,
when I thought I'd have normal usage within 4-6 weeks, my plan had been
to, not only weed the asparagus patch, but to remove young strawberry plants from my strawberry patch, till it up, and replant
again. Well, that plan was short-lived,
...here is my strawberry patch...
if you look closely you can see strawberries...
and despite the copious weeds, this patch yields an ice cream bucket every two to three days.
Weeds of a different kind have been crowding my heart and my mind these days, choking out the sun and dampening joy. Sometimes things simply get tangled and one grows tired of trying to extricate oneself from the mess...we've all been there for one reason or another...
this morning's trip to the garden gifted me and lifted my spirits
I have planted many cucumber plants and watch them closely for growth each day, cucumbers being one of my favorite garden vegetables. I had been watching one particular plant, watching the baby cucumber go from mere centimeters to now a couple of inches. As I was lifting tendrils to the 'fence' I came to a plant I had not watched at all, and lo and behold hidden near the bottom was a fully mature 8" cucumber. Quite honestly, this was joy!!
Blessings come in various forms, these, struggling through the weeds, are surely mine.
Perhaps this is a lesson for me. Perhaps among the weeds crowding my heart and my mind are unsuspecting gems, hidden but real.
No comments:
Post a Comment