It seems like it has been a very long recovery period, and I still am far from back to normal usage of my right hand. I am experiencing much pain, but am going to Occupational Therapy which I am hoping will help.
I am cooking again, though it presents some challenges I know how blessed I am and will not complain. I could be far worse off, I know.
FISH TACOS...one of my very favorite foods. I found some wild caught Alaskan cod at a local grocery and snapped it up. (I am trying to serve fish twice per week.)
...fillets dipped in flour, egg and then into panko bread crumbs...
...sauteed in canola oil until crispy...
I think the thing that makes fish tacos so delicious for me is the cabbage slaw that tops the fish. Shredded red cabbage, onions, carrots and chipolte mayonnaise. This is so good, I can't stop eating it. And it is simply wonderful on the fish, in a soft flour taco shell.
I think the thing that makes fish tacos so delicious for me is the cabbage slaw that tops the fish. Shredded red cabbage, onions, carrots and chipolte mayonnaise. This is so good, I can't stop eating it. And it is simply wonderful on the fish, in a soft flour taco shell.
...ready to roll....
and for dessert
and for dessert
Mexican rice pudding....
Great meal, and so good for you as well.
Great meal, and so good for you as well.
3 comments:
It's so good to see a post from you Joanne. I need to try your fish recipe. We love using panko crumbs. Hang in there, your recovery will soon be better and you'll be enjoying your garden and long walks through the woods.
Joanne, I'm so sorry to hear what an ordeal this has been for you. It's too bad. I'm glad to see you're back in the kitchen making your good food. I hope that hand heals fast with spring finally coming
These fish tacos look so good, I had to go get the supplies - this is for dinner tonight. I hope hand healing keeps in a positive direction. So difficult for creative people to go any time without full use of hands. Good thoughts to you.
Post a Comment