Sunday, February 16, 2014

FINALLY


...not skiing nor snowshoeing, but at least 'hiking' for about one hour today.  Seventeen days out from surgery and fingers still too swollen to grasp a ski pole, but I did take a 'hike' through our fields and woods today.





View from way above the house looking off towards Jug Creek.


Hiked along my old ski path after an aborted attempt to follow Freddie while he snow-shoed.  I had to set off on my own path as I kept sinking up to my ankles as I followed him.  I found a deer path that was much easier to traverse.




When we parted ways, poor Sapala was torn as to who she should follow...this dog who follows me where ever I go outdoors in the spring, summer, and fall, finally came along with me.



I am always intrigued with the patterns made in the expanse of whiteness...

 I always think the fields of snow a vast canvas that beckons me to create something...I have done that in the past, but for now I am satisfied with the unintentional art work of the deer and turkey.

I pray I do not need the entire rest of this winter to recuperate as I so want to get on the Kickapoo Reserve Land http://kvr.state.wi.us and ski along the river...some of the most beautiful vistas, I believe, in the world!

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Oh Joanne, such beautiful pictures you posted. I love your land! I'm so glad to see that you got out hiking....I'm sure the fresh air and sunshine felt wonderful. I sure hope the swelling in your hand subsides. Yes, hiking through the heavy snow is a lot of work and I'm sure you got a good workout. More snow on Thursday!!!