Monday, March 17, 2014

LAST WINTER HIKE (WE THINK)

While discussing how much of a hike we felt I could take, the phone rings and Andy said he was taking the girls on a hike to Billings Creek, did we want to go?  What with the very slow recovery of my hand, and the daily pain, this seemed like a hike I could do...the first since Jan. 31st surgery.

The Billings Creek 'trail' is stunning, could be easy or difficult, depending upon what you wanted to scale.  We did both.  My right hand suffered almost immediately from Raynard's and Iris offered me her 'very warm' mitten.  With the vigorous hiking and Iris' mitten my hand recovered and we all enjoyed a wonderful Sunday afternoon on the Billings Creek trail.




These girls climbed everything in sight!!  Very nimble.



These girls slid on every ice sheet!!


Elsa brought along Hip-Hop and wanted his picture taken!




You may not be able to detect, from this photo, but this is a very steep incline, almost straight up.  We all ended up climbing it.



The wonders of a cave with two entrances.  One side pretty low and narrow, although not so for the girls.



Grandpa crawled through and gave Elsa a ride out.


Ice swimming and peering down to see what is captured by the water.





The girls were fearless and went up and down ice covered paths with glee.  

As for me, it was so nice to feel 'normal' once again, at least for the two hours we were hiking.

Off to the doctor today to find out how it is all going, and why this daily pain????

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Oh Joanne, I'm so sorry to hear you are still experiencing pain from your January surgery....how frustrating. And Raynaud's? Yes, I know all about that since I too suffer from this circulatory problem. I can't even step outside in the winter without gloves on before my fingers experience serve pain. Spring can't come fast enough.

Love the photos of your granddaughters. They are real troopers!!!