It was early November, when I first came into the Kickapoo Valley...everything brown and dreary. Still I recall the vivid beauty of this area, I remember how despite the monochromatic colors, it was stunning.
Yesterday Freddie and I hiked our property and were confronted with beauty unending.
A small oak tree dazzles with huge orange colored leaves...
We came upon another oak whose trunk (beautiful in its own right) was almost nothing, in no spot was it any thicker than about 2", and yet...
its upper story was filled with leaves...I found it unbelievable that it could still be alive...what a strong urge nature provides.
On one part of our 207 acre property is a lovely pinery...
...I am glad I randomly choose this bright colored hat for this hiking trip, as unbeknown to us
1 comment:
I felt like I was walking behind you when I looked at your photos. The driftless area is so beautiful....I miss Southwest Wisconsin.
Ohhhh, that hunter? A little scary to think you and Freddie were out walking around in the woods. Be safe.
Post a Comment