Friday, May 10, 2013

HAPPY FOURTH BIRTHDAY, ELSA





Each year Elsa and Iris get to choose what 'kind' of cake they want for their birthday.  This year Elsa decided she wanted a 'sun' cake.

After giving this much thought, this is the result, which by the way, she loved.



 The cake itself is an old-fashioned pound cake baked in a stainless steel bowl.  The sun's rays and the clouds are sugar cookies....





 There were plenty of rays for each child at the party to take home a few.




 Making a wish and ready to blow out the candles.
The party was held at Wildcat State Park, and it really was a lovely, sunny, warm day.

The next day the girls and I had Nonnie day.  The first thing they decided to do was to make a 'garden' in the living room.  They asked me to not only make the entrance sign but to gather as many things from around the house as I/they could think of that would make this garden magical.





 It truly was magical, and they played with it the entire morning.


I think the elves and the fairies were all about that day...you can see one sitting in the small chair, and another nearby.  

I love the places these girls take me to.

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Happy Birthday Elsa. I love the magical garden theme that both girls picked out. How fun! Elsa & Iris have such amazing imaginations and it really reminds me of my daughter when she was little.

I'm glad grandma could spend the day with her grand-girls. And that cake looks delicious.