Tuesday, January 1, 2013

LOVE AND PEACE




I know I have sung the praises of winter on this blog before.  Quite honestly, it is my very favorite season, despite the bitter cold and sometimes lack of snow.  I do know, that if we consistently did not have snow, then winter would cease to be my most loved season.

We took a ride the other day, brilliant sunlit, snow covered day.  It was stunning, the hills, the great expanses of snow covered fields, the tree limbs covered with a thin line of soft flakes...everything in stark outline.

For years now, the great expanse of snow covered fields have called to me, called to my artistic side.  They have always resembled a canvas waiting, just waiting and waiting.  I have always longed to 'sketch' that canvas, and so yesterday when I thought to go skiing, the hillsides seemed to beckon me





...and so I donned my heaviest boots and trudged up the hillside, and although it isn't visible, began by 'walking' huge flowers in the snow.  I was then moved to add hearts, and words....




...peace and love....



Once out there one loses a sense of proportion and although I thought I was walking huge hearts using up the hillside, I found when I was done, that I surely had not...


There is much hillside still calling me....waiting for my imprint.

One this, the first day of 2013, I do wish LOVE and PEACE to all.  I know it will not happen around the world, it never has, but I hope it anyway.  All of our good thoughts, and personal contributions to love and peace will surely make a difference.

 

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

I really enjoyed your message of love and peace and in the snow. I totally understand what you were feeling out there in the field. Many times I have also felt that joy of winter's beauty, especially when out snowshoeing. Winter has so much beauty to share with all of us!