Monday, January 14, 2013

SUNDAY SLEDDING

Well, finally I have my blog activated, as well as my computer cleaned up and updated.  Now, I am trying to get used to new operations. 

These are the photos I wanted to upload a week ago, and despite there being little snow left on these hills now, I thought I would post anyway.  We did manage to choose exactly the right day for this family sledding party.

We live in very hilly country, a true blessing as far as I am concerned.  Our vineyard is on a hill just above the barn, and visible from the house and from my cabin as well.  It is a picturesque sight to say the least.




It was a magnificent day, the sun shinning brightly, the air crisp but not too cold, and the sky truly was this blue.

My daughter Jonel, Andy her husband and their two girls, Iris, 6 and Elsa 3 came along with Freddie's daughter Kari, her husband Doug and their children, Morgan 10, Morgan's friend Hayley, Macy 8, and Nolan 4.  




The hill was really slick and fast and ever so long.  The grown ups did a lot of sledding, but they also did a great deal of...



hauling back up the hill.



I would say at least two hours were spent going down and going up and going down and going up...clothes were shed, eyes were closed, and there was much laughter.



This little three year old stunned me when I realized that the saucer with a little one speeding by at what seemed like at least 30 miles an hour, contained Elsa, eyes shut but in full command.  She loved it and went back for more and more and still more!!

Inside for hot cocoa and hot soup and lots more play.  It was a great family day!  Now let's hope for more snow, lots more snow.  Let's hope that winter is nowhere near over.

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

The sledding day with your family looked like so much fun. I agree, we need more snow to enjoy the rest of this winter season. Still haven't had a chance to get my snowshoes out!