COMING TO THE END.................
It was 24 degrees here this morning. Luckily I covered anything that I wanted to save, because all else is rapidly turning black already, and it is still early morning.
My beautiful zinnias are no longer vibrant and vivid, but already pale tan and limp. They did, however, offer a magnificent summer display. (I did cover a smallish patch last night, we'll see how they survived.)
My melon garden was exceedingly prolific regarding muskmelons, prolific and as sweet as can be. My watermelon plants yielded merely three and I found that two had been possessed by critters....eaten out and hollow. I did have one surviving watermelon, weighing a whopping 16 #s, as weighed by Iris while playing store.
I saved the melon for the day Iris and Elsa came, and decided they would get a kick out of being greeted by 'him' as they came in the door.
and they surely were!I have been experiencing a great deal of difficulty each day as I'd go to the garden to pick produce for our evening meal. It was so hard to decide upon just what I'd pick and prepare, as I really wanted a bit of everything. The garden was lush and yielded so much good food this year.
Kale sauteed with leeks and potatoes, all just harvested.And the tomatoes!!!! I have had so many tomatoes that I regret to say that the demise of my still loaded tomato vines due to the frost, does not really trouble me, as I have already processed upwards of 200 #s...and there must be 50#s scattered between my kitchen and enclosed porch.








No comments:
Post a Comment