Tuesday, March 8, 2011

ROSE PATH


Finally I've been back to the loom! It has felt good to be weaving again, and to be doing something a bit new for me.


...a cotton yarn, cotton warp, rose path bath mat...




...again, rose path, but this time wool yarn is used, and once off the loom, it seemed destined to become a tote bag... the strap is finger woven wool yarn.


a peek on the inside

After completing this one, I was inspired to do another. I have so much wool yarn in so many colors, it was difficult to choose. I finally decided on two shades of gray and two shades of burgundy, emphasized with black.


a good sized tote to bring along to the food co-op, or simply use as an every day bag...


lined with a heavy duty cotton
Again, a finger woven wool yarn strap.

Weaving is a wonderfully meditative endeavor, although I must admit keeping count of the treadle pattern of rose path is sometimes a challenge! 4,3,2,1,4,1,2,3,4 and if you happen to be interrupted in between, it can become, at least for me, a real problem. I have been know to undo several rows in order to recapture the correct pattern.

I am anxious to get to the looms in the basement, so although I love winter and would like more, a part of me is ready for spring, and warping up my two looms in the new cabin basement.

1 comment:

barbindell said...

Nice work--I am really ready for spring--and I too really like winter.