Is Heaven Orange??
Believe me, this was even more delicious than it looks!! Looking around for recipes to use up the last of my Butternut Squash, now growing wrinkled in the basement, I came upon one that we both deemed the best Butternut Squash dish we've ever eaten.
It was not deliberate that I teamed it with carrots, and afterward felt like it ought to be Halloween with all the orange. (However, the deeper the orange the better it is for you, right. I could have added the last of my sweet potatoes, too, but thankfully it never occurred to me.) The carrots are honey/Dijon mustard glazed...and really good themselves.
Peel and cut one 2# butternut squash into approximately 1# cubes. Put into a large bowl, add one very large minced garlic clove (or several small gloves) 1/2 c. parsley flakes, salt/freshly ground black pepper, and 2 tbs. flour. Toss well. I let this sit all day long. Two hours before supper, I set the oven at a low 325 degrees and proceeded to oil a 9 x 13 pan with olive oil. Put the squash into the pan, drizzle with a healthy dose of very good olive oil. Set in oven uncovered and roast for 2 hours. It just could hardly be simpler, and is a dynamite dish. The squash condenses its flavors fiercely and forms a tinge of crispness, the garlic is almost beyond description.The edamame beans were chosen not only because we love them (well, F loves them, but hates to take the time to slip them from the pods...see below.) but also for the lovely contrast of green and orange.


No comments:
Post a Comment