Here's a calm rendition of the repeated...repeated...repeated nightmare I am having night after night and day after day!
If I could shroud this in veils of black with wisps of bloody gauze it might approximate the monster that has eaten my time, my creativity, my entire days!!
It is a minor miracle that my right hand and arm can do anything other then sweep a paint brush and wipe of slops and drops of misdirected Aged Pearl paint.Still, when I see that there are only about 6 more 'panels' and rafters to do, and see that the primer has really drawn together an otherwise disparate rather ugly ceiling, I am soothed...some.

I still see the completion distantly, but growing closer. I hope I have creative energy left to actually work in my workshop!
I am renewed, however by the pampas grass' colors and the 'flags' waving in the breeze, and by the nearby asparagus ferns that are caught between the vivid green of summer and the golden yellow of fall. They are stunning.






The gift of these colors and textures set me straight, and remind me how lucky I am and truly without problems. I can't help but think I indulge myself with the nightmare theme, when all around the world millions would give anything for my life.
Thanks to walking outdoors and seeing all there is to see and by 'shaking' me, without sternness, back into my proper self.
No comments:
Post a Comment