Kickapoo Country Fair Weekend
I should have taken a picture of the MUD itself, and not pointed it out to the left in this picture, but the mud just might have been the most pervasive thing about the Kickapoo Country Fair this past weekend. Tons of wood chips and bales of hay were spread in order to make the walking a bit easier, but despite this, it never got easy. Many a young person was seen shedding the shoes and squishing along. Just a short walk to the privy got my capris completely splattered with mud. Still, their seemed to be lots and lots of people undaunted by the state of the walkway and distance of parking, and the Heritage Tent where I had my 'exhibit' and demonstrated had far more visitors then last year.

The display of my bags. You can see the hay bales that were used to hold down the tent stakes...they were soon 'stolen' to break open and spread on the mud.

I utilized the outdoors as well. The first day the wind blew this rug rack down, but I learned quickly to tie it up.

I was allotted a spacious section, and was able to display my wares easily and colorfully.

My woven braided rag rugs. I think these are still my favorite rugs as the color depth is so intense.

And speaking of color depth....
my lunch...the colors were so beautiful, and the flavors so intense, it prompted me to photograph this pumpernickel bagel, feta/cream cheese/garlic spread, thick sliced Sweet Success cucumbers, plenty of fresh dill, and fresh lettuce. I honestly cannot think of a sandwich I have eaten EVER that was more delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment