Saturday, February 6, 2010

From My Heart With Love

I have a tiny pillow on my couch imprinted with a zinnia pattern, made for me by a student when I was recovering from a shattered kneecap. All the children seem to love that little pillow, and rest their little heads on it when here. So, I thought for Valentine's Day I'd make each of them a little pillow of their own.

From the heart to the head. I know these will also be a comfy resting place for the numerous dolls that are found at my house.

Searching around for more Valentine ideas, I thought the girls might like bracelets.


Strips of wool, needle-felted with hearts and names, snaps added for easy wearing.
Now what other accessory would these little girls like??

Maybe ...pins?


And so, I made pins as well. I used a wet-felted base out of which I cut hearts, an example of which the pins are sitting on, then needle-felted on that. I added pin backs for wearing.
Once I started on this project, it was hard to stop, I felt inspired to make more and more pins.



I got a bit more elaborate with these, adding rhinestones as well. I must say this was lots of fun, and now I am making fabric flower pins...


...back to weaving next week.

No comments: