Sunday, May 17, 2009

They're not Fanny's flowers...

yet they bloomed on a field of green.

A lovely, old, green wool coat is the basis for my latest 'bag', and needle felted flowers seemed just the thing to adorn it.


After visiting Fanny's gardens, I came home to complete a simple 'flower' project of my own. About a year or two ago, I started needle felting small animals to go along with children's books, and truly loved the the sculpting nature of the work. I have not needle felted for quite some time. A while later I began making 'bags' from reclaimed fabrics, mostly wool jackets/coats and old silk ties, and found these projects really stoked my creative side. As with all of us whose interests are many and varied, I've been caught up in other endeavors; Iris, weaving, knitting, sewing, and have not returned to either of these loves of mine, until just now.

1 comment:

Avalanche Looms / Susan Johnson said...

This bag turned out really well, didn't it. Combining needle felting and wool coat. So pretty.