Monday, May 25, 2009

Birthdays, Fishing, Sewing and Growing

A beautiful Sunday for Freddie to fly fish the West Fork, while I simply basked in the beauty, sunshine, solitude and silence. It hardly gets any better than that.

Monday was spent on the farm, contemplating the asparagus!


At 8:00 this morning, I decided to place a yard stick behind one asparagus spear because I am astounded on a daily basis as to how fast asparagus grows. Some days I can pick a large batch in the morning and another in the afternoon. Here this stalk measures 6 1/2 inches tall.

It is a bit difficult to see, but at 1:30 today, the singled out asparagus stalk was at 8 inches, and today was not a particularly good growing day at that.

Knitting Needle Cases

My daughter Jonel's 37th birthday was Friday, and she asked for a Knitting Needle case. I decided to make one for her, which is on the far left. Making that one sparked the making of a few more as well. I think there are still a few more in the making, too.

Biking Caps



New creative endeavor courtesy of Andy...wondering if I could replicate his winter biking hat with a summer one. After much study, some pattern 'making', and trial and error, I made one that was too big on the first try, and fit on the second. He went home with it but I still felt the urge, so the above two are today's effort. I think, here too, a few more are in the making.

2 comments:

Avalanche Looms / Susan Johnson said...

Joanne, You're a multiplier. Can't just stop after you get one to work out. Those hats are really
great, and must have been a challenge to figure out.

Joanne said...

Susan, I bet you know the feeling as well...the urge to try another, and perhaps another. I'm now on my 8th cap using batik fabric, I might just have to start wearing caps!