Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fanny's Gardens


Just one of the many paths in Fanny's garden.


I did bring home some Bleeding Hearts.

Working in the yard and the garden...abundant sun, gentle breezes, looking out over this valley, just across from Jug Creek and I get the urge to make my seasonal visit to Fanny Gingerich's. It is simply breathtaking, and comes as close to a 'fairy garden' as I've ever seen. Each season it seems even lovelier. I'll never forget the year Freddie came with me and we wandered the many paths that wind among the flowers when from an open window came the most angelic voice singing a hymn. I asked Fanny about it and she said one of her daughters likes to sing while she irons. We remained rooted to the spot for quite some time.

This year, as each year, it was difficult not to continue choosing plants far beyond what I had come for, though I finally cut myself off. This is a trip to make, if for no other reason but to be entranced and momentarily transformed.

Read on to the next entry, as it follows from this.

No comments: