Sunday, May 22, 2016

A BIRTHDAY TRIBUTE

Forty-four years ago today at just about this time of day, noonish, I was vigorously walking around Vermillion, S.D., doctor's instructions, trying to advance the minor, beginning contractions of birth.  And it wasn't until much later that day that Jonel made her appearance at the Yankton hospital...and as all mothers know, it was and has been, a life changing experience.



 
Only a few days home, and we are resting well.  I can still feel this warm, sweet little girl on my chest.
 
 
 

The photo for family.





 
Jonel today, a mother of her own with daughters Elsa and Iris.  My daughter now knows the sweetness, pains, heartache, overwhelming love, worry, care and concern of motherhood.
 
No matter how old my daughter, I almost daily know the sweetness, pain, heartache, overwhelming love, worry, care and concern of being a mother.
 
 
 
 
 
Taken on Easter Sunday.
 
I cannot express in words how she has embellished my life.  I am so proud of this woman: strong and determined; a patient and loving parent; a solid, giving and loving partner and wife; a woman who not only holds the earth in high regard but follows through in all ways to respect it; a master of the written word; a compassionate and empathetic being who is generous in all
ways;  a lover of the outdoors;  and a deeply spiritual being. 
 
I love you, Jonel, and am thankful for your being.
 



1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Lovely tribute to Jonel. Your photos are great too. I think it's wonderful that you and Jonel live close by. A mother/daughter relationship is so important in our lives and it makes me happy to see you and your daughter are so close to one another.