Sunday, December 6, 2015

HOLIDAY FAIR

On Saturday, Dec. 5th the Kickapoo Valley Reserve held, among other things, an Arts/Crafts show.  This was my 'booth'.

Lots of people came by, and I sold a rug, bracelets and lots of other things.  I did not expect to do much business, but rather just have a day of fun and visiting, well, I had both.

A while back my friend Monica Jagel offered to teach a group of us how to bead these wrap bracelets.  At firs I thought it a bit boring, but as I got more adept at it, I found it very meditative.

The bracelets are really quite lovely, and they were a good selling item.  Off to La Crosse tomorrow to buy more beads, it seems that this has become a wee bit addictive.

3 comments:

tainterturtles said...

I wish I lived closer....I love craft fairs. Glad you and Freddie enjoyed your hike in the Reserve.

Joanne said...

Missing you and your blog, do you not keep it up any longer??

tainterturtles said...

Hi Joanne, I hope to be blogging and writing more since I will be retiring as of December 31!!! I'm so excited to move on in my life. I will be traveling more to Richland Center since I will have time to help my parents more, so I would love to stop by and visit with you again. Maybe when I come down to RC, Ted and I could come over and hike or bike the Kickapoo Reserve one day in the summer. I'm quite sure we will be doing another bicycle trip down your way as well. I believe I still have your email address so I will stay in contact with you.