Monday, November 10, 2014

WEAVING AGAIN


I finally cut an incomplete project I started many months ago off the loom.  I then retied the loom,


found this old wool blanket, and using my rag cutter


cut it into strips which I




wove on the newly tied warp.  The above photo shows the work in progress,


this is a close up of the weave.  I love the color play, and the fact that the back side is predominately beige with the rainbow 'flecks', as the blanket was beige on one side and this lovely bluish on the other.  With careful placement of the strips I was able to get a two-sided rug.  It is about 50" by 24" in size.

Below is the remnant that I cut off the loom prior to weaving this rug, here it is finished on the ends.  I did not really like this piece, although it was OK.  After much thought and a close look around the workshop at all my wool stash, 




it became this wall hanging, entitled

'Deep in the Pines'

It is so good to be weaving again, and for this I am thankful today!!