Thank goodness for grandgirls who want Nonna to make Halloween costumes! Since hand surgery last January 31st, I have done little handwork, virtually no weaving, limited sewing, and up until this month, no knitting. The sewing projects for Halloween allowed me to be creative once again. I plan to tie up at least one loom in the next week or so, as soon as the garden is put to bed.
In the mean time, I have gathered lovely autumn leaves and fashioned them into roses, easy, beautiful project.
And for the costumes...
Elsa wanted to be a Teddy Bear, and she said, you need to make a red bow for around my neck so they know I am a Teddy Bear and not just a bear. At a local rummage sale I purchased a pair of child's footed PJ's, took them apart for a pattern, and along with an old brown wool blanket, and some died terry towels, made this Teddy Bear costume!
Iris wanted to be a pumpkin, which at first disappointed me, as I thought it might be too simple a project, however it became fun. Her two 'boys' at first wanted to be salt and pepper shakers, which I thought would be kind of fun to do, but then they 'decided' they wanted to be pumpkins just like her.
Iris, Daisy Will and Thomas...
On Friday, as they were just down the road at the Kickapoo Valley Reserve at a Home school event, along with their good friends, Quinn and Abe, they all came here to dress before heading to town to trick or treat.
Elsa, Iris and the boys ready to head to town...
Cowboy Quinn, Davey Crockett Abe, Elsa and Iris!
1 comment:
Love the costumes Joanne...how fun. Hope all is well in the Driftless land.
Post a Comment