Just back from a 4250 mile round trip drive to Portland, OR to Cory/Carrie's wedding. The wedding was simply lovely in all respects! The setting, outdoors at Edgefield Winery, was beautiful, the ceremony touching...presided over by Freddie's newly 'ordained' brother Todd. Family members gave deep and meaningful readings which, it was obvious the wedding couple truly valued.
I have never, at any wedding I have ever attended, seen so much love and devotion on the groom's countenance...honestly, it looked like Cory could simply burst with love and happiness. (The bride's back was to me during the service, but I bet the same can be said for her as well.) Here is a couple that, to me, epitomize deep and real and lasting love for one another.
CARRIE AND CORY
(Todd to the left)
While we were out west we stayed with Freddie's sister Barb and her husband Allen. It was so good to spend time with this delightful couple, we had many a good time and lots of laughs.
Mount Hood is visible from Barb/Allen's home, and we did take a day and go up the mountain.
It was fun to watch snowboarders and skiers doing their thing in August.
The view from Mt. Hood.
Freddie and I had a wonderful time.
On another note, the drive there (and back) was harrowing, 12 hour days on the road, brief nightly rests in (expensive) motels and rarely, if ever, good food (except what I packed).
Next time, the train, OR a staggered trip with stops of a couple of days along the way.
Still, it was wonderful to be a part of this wedding, and seeing and being with family!
(Mmm....it is good to be home, however.)
2 comments:
What a great trip and family wedding. Your photos are wonderful. Food...it's hard to find decent fresh foods when you're traveling. I'm sure you went right to your garden when you arrived home. Glad you had a nice time.
Great photos Joanne! Sunny Mt. Hood in August and the crazy snowboarders taking advantage of the snow that's left. Sounds like a fun-filled trip except for the food...Traveling is fun but, ohhhh those 12 hour days in the car...
Post a Comment