Friday, December 7, 2012

'TIS THE SEASON OF GIVING

The season of creating, the season of giving.

I attended a Holiday Fair last weekend.  The plethora of colors, textures, smells, and gaily dressed shoppers was heady.  I love attending such events, mostly to see and touch the creativity of others.  I must say there were many booths that boasted the same kind of item, especially bags.  There were bags of every shape, color, size and function.

I was drawn to some tiny bags time and again.  I kept fingering them, and trying to decide how many to purchase.  The last time I approached this booth, with the intention to buy something, the light lit inside...."I can make these!"  And of course it was precisely the kind of thing I could make.


I call these Bead Bags

and I will fill them with various sizes, shapes and colors of beads, along with leather thongs, and silken ribbons.  They shall become Christmas gifts.  

Somehow it is the making and the giving that is the most joyful part of this holiday season for me.  There is something in the giving that far exceeds the getting, filling me with tingling anticipation and excitement.

May everyone have a season of giving.

3 comments:

barbindell said...

sweet--love the idea of filling them with beads etc, care if I am a copy cat!!!!

Joanne said...

No, go right ahead. They are such fun, and should be a really nice gift. Kids will love making own jewelry.

tainterturtles said...

I love these little bags, especially the unique details.

I agree, making and giving is so fun.