I have been spending much time in the kitchen preparing for the Lawton Memorial Library fundraiser dinner, which was last Saturday evening, and a resounding success despite misgivings about getting it all done, and preparing for the Friends of the Kickapoo Reserve Appreciation Dinner this coming Saturday evening. When I say spending much time in the kitchen, if you multiplied that by several, it might come close. Now, don't get me wrong, there is hardly a place I'd rather be, except perhaps outdoors.
But still, it felt wonderful to take Sunday off, or at least the afternoon, and go for a hike with friends on the reserve. We hiked below the Billings Creek trail on the way in, stopped after an hour or so, had a picnic with terrific food and wine, and resumed the hike. We returned on the Billings Creek Trail.
As usual, Freddie led the hike, and his skill at this is unsurpassed!!
We had a wonderful time, the weather was superb, sunny and warm, and the rock outcroppings, as usual, stunning. I never seem to tire of hiking on the Reserve, everywhere you look, is a scene that tops the last. We are so lucky to live in this area, to be healthy enough to hike these hills, and to have good friends with which to do these things.
Hopefully I will soon post about these dinners that have consumed my days.




1 comment:
Thank you for all your efforts for the fundraiser to your local library. In my library world, we LOVE people like you who advocate for your local library. Can't wait to hear more about the special meal.
Nice photos!
Post a Comment