Thursday, February 9, 2012

FRIENDS...ARTISTS...FOOD...FUN...INSPIRATION


Once a month a gathering of exceptionally creative women meet to share their artistic talents. These talents are many and varied, but most of the members sketch, draw, and/or paint in any number of media.

We have several sketch books, which are traded each month after a 'showing' of what the person who took it home has done that month.



Evan's work


Evan's work


Susan C's work (I think)


Susan C's work

Nancy's painting


Susan's work

Monica's work

There were several other offerings of wonderful art work, of which I either missed taking a photo, or the photo itself was so inartistic, I could not bring myself to include it here.

After enjoying a lunch together, we 'exchanged' valentines. We each brought a homemade a valentine, either entirely homemade, or put together from found materials, and these were randomly selected by the group. What a wonderful variety of 'cards' we were privileged to see and to take home.


Evan's hand drawn valentine...


Olga's gathered seeds and basket...


Joanne's heart-shaped potholder and woven heart...



Susan's multi-media card


Janet's valentine photograph of vintage jewelry from her past...


Susan G's felted heart...

I regret that I have missed some of the sketch books and some of the valentines, but at this first attempt to chronicle our Artlings group, this will have to do. Perhaps I will leave the photo taking to my friend and fellow member Janet, as she has superb skills in that area.

This group is warm, supportive, and so inspiring. What a lovely afternoon, a lovely gathering of friends, a lovely tribute to art and women.

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

What a treat to meet with a group of women that all share the love of individual art...I love it!

Joanne said...

Thanks, it truly is a treat, and has become so important to my life, both as an artist and a woman.