Tuesday, January 3, 2012

MOMENTS


January 2012.
Winter...
my favorite season. Yet, there is no snow upon the ground, and I have skied but once this year. I can't help but regret the dire lack of snow, and with the 2 degrees below zero this morning, wish deeply that along with this bitter cold, were the beauty of the snow.

Still, as I walked back to the house from my cabin this morning, I could not help but be struck by the intense beauty of the trees against the sky...

assuring me that there are many facets of winter, and beauty is abundant everywhere, at all times.



These trees, abandon in their beauty, offer a wildness that hints of surprises as they fling themselves into the morning. I, too, shall fling myself into this day, into this year, hopefully with a little wildness of my own. I hope in this coming year to keep in the forefront of my mind, that the present moment offers everything.


One of the reasons that winter is my favorite season is the trees. Bereft of their leaves, stark against the sky, they seem filled with life, and vigor, and a beauty I can not elucidate, no matter how I try.

May I be always be awake in the moment.

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

I totally agree with you. Trees bring a sense of peacefulness into our every day lives. Our house is surrounded by trees, and I love the sound they make when it's subzero outside or when the wind blows.