Tuesday, May 3, 2011

BEYOND WORDS


It was about 6:00 or so, just after supper, last Saturday evening when I happened to look out the window to the most incredible sight I have been treated to, perhaps in the realm of sunsets, ever. Our granddaughter Morgan was staying with us, and I quickly brought it to her attention. She was, honestly, jumping for joy, and proclaimed that the miracles of this weekend, (seeing a wood duck, a large beaver dam with beaver's head poking out, and this) were brought about by her stay with us. Who knows?

Anyway, outside we rushed to 'be in' such beauty. I, with my camera, knowing I could never truly capture the intensity of such a show, am not altogether displeased with the results.

Morgan and grandpa....


The dark was just alongside the light as though nudging it along.

And then to out delight, right before our eyes, a rainbow appeared...


...and seemed to span the very place we stood, it was truly magical...


I doubt any rainbow I've ever seen, even the double ones, surpassed this one's beauty.


A slight downpour of about 3 minutes is all that occurred, and we stayed outdoors until the darkness took over. This weekend's stay at Grandpa' and Nonna's was full of natural wonders.

2 comments:

Restless Knitter said...

How gorgeous! I can only imagine seeing that in real life. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

barbindell said...

I remeber the day we finished selling our house in Milwaukee--when we came over the top of the ridge by our house there was a double rainbow--took it as a good omen--beautiful pictures.