This lovely Iris appeared as the June sheet in a Twelve Moons calendar. I fell in love with all of the images, but this especially struck me. It just so happened that I had all of the colors on hand in wool yarn! Now that seemed auspicious. And, after all, I now have and Iris in my heart and life. I decided that it would make a great tapestry...and I think it will, but I sure embarked upon a long and intricate journey. I started this once, a couple of years ago, drawing the 'cartoon' to place behind the tapestry loom. However, after putting in several hours, I realized it would work better if I wove it in the horizontal direction. This meant I needed a loom that was 30" by 20" instead of 20" by 30". I now have that loom, made by an Amish friend. So I turned the cartoon around, and have embarked upon the journey anew.Thursday, July 23, 2009
A LONG JOURNEY AHEAD
This lovely Iris appeared as the June sheet in a Twelve Moons calendar. I fell in love with all of the images, but this especially struck me. It just so happened that I had all of the colors on hand in wool yarn! Now that seemed auspicious. And, after all, I now have and Iris in my heart and life. I decided that it would make a great tapestry...and I think it will, but I sure embarked upon a long and intricate journey. I started this once, a couple of years ago, drawing the 'cartoon' to place behind the tapestry loom. However, after putting in several hours, I realized it would work better if I wove it in the horizontal direction. This meant I needed a loom that was 30" by 20" instead of 20" by 30". I now have that loom, made by an Amish friend. So I turned the cartoon around, and have embarked upon the journey anew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Post a Comment