
The entrance to the old two story log house that was the setting for my fiber show. This house had two rooms downstairs and two upstairs, probably a luxury home for its day. It felt fitting for me to be there as this structure housed a large old, non-working barn loom and an old treadle sewing machine.

As you enter you are greeted with the stairs that go to the upper floor. Here is where I set up my rug rack, and displayed some of my tapestries. The stairs offered more rug room.

No electricity...but thankfully the windows opened, and there was a nice breeze most of the day. The house never seemed to get hot.

An old treadle sewing machine graced my caps and was a great background for my bags.
The weather was glorious last Sunday, the day of the Art Show. There were 32 artists set up, some in the main building, many of us in individual old log buildings, and many outside. The show was from 10-5:00, and during that time 196 adults came through my building and spent much time not only looking at and feeling my items, but reading the various history posted about, and looking at the old pictures that surrounded us.
I was touched that many of my friends and past acquaintances came to the show because they saw my name on the artist list. I can't say that I made a lot of $ that day, but I feel truly blessed by all the people who came through who seemed to love my work.
The venue for this show simply couldn't have been more perfect.




1 comment:
I'm glad to see your pictures. Your rugs look really nice in the log house. I wish I could have come over that day--it was a beautiful weekend for it, and Skumsrud is a beautiful setting
Post a Comment