Sometimes I feel helpless in the face of this world, it's disasters, it's wars, it's human devastation, bias, racism, anti this and anti that. In the wake of what happened last week in Charlottesville, VA, I was feeling depressed and especially helpless.
Wanting to make a small statement, do something positive and public, and engage Iris and Elsa as well, we set out to make 'positive posters' filled with love and friendship and embracing all people.
Taking a stack of old National Geographics and multiple scissors, we cut and we cut and we cut.
Iris had the idea to find hands of all colors, and samples of all religions for two specific posters among the many she made.
And we set to work discussing love and friendship, tolerance and love, love and hate, unity and division, love and beauty, love and people, human beings and love.
The following are the results of our first venture in making 'positive posters'....
I have distributed these in various public places. Although I know that those reading these and gaining a good feeling, for the most part are those of like minds, but maybe, just maybe someone who is 'on the fence', more moderate than Alt-right, will be swayed a bit.
Our children can teach us so much!!
We are not born with hatred in our hearts.
We have plans to make many, many more.
No comments:
Post a Comment