Sunday, March 19, 2017

TODAY

A beautiful day here in the Kickapoo Valley, and I thought it time to try hiking again.  (Kneecap fracture in Feb. has kept me 'somewhat' more sedate).  Freddie has been wanting to cross Weister Creek and walk along the rock outcroppings on the other side before all of the ice formations melted.


This is how we crossed the creek...




Despite the 50+ degree weather there is still some ice around offering some 'winter' beauty.




There is also plenty of greenery around such as this moss.




One of the rock outcroppings.




One of the still extensive ice flows.














Weister Creek on our way back.

I honestly believe that  the beauty we are surrounded by in this driftless area, here in the Kickapoo Valley, here on the Kickapoo Reserve simply can't be beat.  We are so blessed to live here, so blessed that we are so close to this land formation, blessed with the health to hike and bike and ski...and blessed that my knee healed so well.  (We'll see what tomorrow brings for I did take a couple of spills on slippery mud today...)

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Yes, yes, you are so blessed Joanne. Since retiring, I find the most joy in hiking the woods nearby. I love watching for animal tracks and nature in general. I don't need shopping malls or city life any longer, just the simple life makes me happy. I recently started volunteering at a neighbor's CSA farm and I'm even taking care of her chickens when needed....I love it.

Your pictures are great. I hope your kneecap heals totally by spring.