Thursday, November 3, 2016

TIME HAS FLOWN





It seems like a long time since I have entered a new post, and this one will be somewhat brief.

I spent several weeks preparing for a dinner for 82 people, for which I made the entire spread.  The dinner was a big success and although I did bring my camera, I failed (being quite busy) to take any photos.  


Here, however is a copy of the menu.

The girls and I continue to volunteer each week at the Humane Society, and they continue to love it devotedly. 

Here the girls are sorting the laundry, organizing the laundry shelves, and emptying out the dryer.


One of their favorite kittens.  There are many, many cats at the Humane Society, and we try to take each one out of their enclosure and play with it and let it run around a bit.  It is not always possible to get to every one of them, however.


A new, very sweet and loving puppy arrived last week, and the girls were so happy that Ruby was still there, despite they would love for her to go to a good home.  (They keep trying to get me to take her home.)  We walked Ruby out doors and then brought her into the playroom where she would venture after a toy but immediately bring it back to one of the girls lap.  This puppy is really beautiful, and we decided that she....


looked very much like Elsa...beautiful dark eyes and dark, dark brows.  Elsa loved that she had a 'twin'.

These girls are truly dedicated to helping out here, and will do any job that needs doing or that is asked of them.  Last week we cleaned, organized and straightened out the very messy garage.  I am so proud of them and their selflessness.

No comments: