Iris has been asking for quite some time to take 'my' bike ride with me. My route is just a little under 20 miles with part of that being on a busy highway before getting to the Kickapoo Valley Reserve. The route on the Reserve is 14 miles, and as Iris had not ridden that far at one time before, her dad dropped her and her bike off at the gate where I met them.
We are set to begin...
...off she goes, and she was quite the rider. There are several hills on this route, some more major than others, and she was set to walk her bike up hills if necessary. As we approached one looooong hill she said, I'll have to walk this one. But then as she was biking up not far from me she said, no, I'm going to do it.
And she did!!
And she did every single one of the hills except the one that goes up from the covered bridge at the point where I turn around. She waited on the bridge and drank some more water while I went up the hill to the last gate and turned around and came back.
A stop at a flowing well to refill the water bottle. I never drink much while riding, but this young lady drank tons.
Just approaching the last 'leg' of the ride, crossing over Co. P onto the Old Road as it winds towards Rockton.
This girl did nearly 15 miles today!!!!
I am so proud of her, never a complaint, never I'm tired, just a need to stop for a drink, although one time she insisted I pass her the bottle while we were riding.
She did say she was 'starved' and that she sure would sleep well tonight.
Fun for me to ride with my nine year old granddaughter.
1 comment:
Wow, 15 miles??? That is awesome. Isn't it fun to have a biking buddy?
Post a Comment