February is Love Your Library month, and our local library, with a new addition, had a fun event on Wednesday night. It was called Edible Books, and patrons were to select a book that had some kind of food in its title and make a display, along with food. I choose a children's book called Bagels from Bennie, as well as a book called Pete's a Pizza.
As I love making bagels (eating them, too) this was a fun endeavor for me.
...bagel dough resting...
...after resting, formed into balls, and let rest again, then form into bagels, drop them into boiling water...
...sprinkle on whatever toppings you want...
bake in hot oven
...finished bagels!
For this event I made tiny bagels.
Here is the display that I made. I offered two schemers with the bagels, a sweet cinnamon, cream cheese, and a savory garlic, feta and cream cheese.
This is the display/food for Pete's A Pizza. When school let out after 3:15 the pizza did not last long.
I have also been making pasta lately, especially wanting parpardelle
pasta, shown below.
.
Sauté fresh mushrooms, fresh spinach and lots of garlic...
...serve on cooked parpardelle tossed with home made pesto, topped with the mushroom spinach mixture...grate fresh Romano cheese on top...
delicious!!
It seems that I can't drag myself out of the kitchen these days, except of course to get out on my skis. Today it has reached 42 degrees and tomorrow it is supposed to be 49 degrees...and I am not ready to be done with winter, nor cozying up in the kitchen.
1 comment:
I love the Edible Book event idea. The Eau Claire Public Library did this same event last year...it was very successful. Your bagels, pizza and noodles look delicious.
Hoping we don't lose all our snow...I still want to snowshoe!!!
Post a Comment