Monday, October 13, 2014

GLORY…GLORY...ALLELUIA



Colors peak exponentially,
excite and stir
in ways

the green lush
of spring,

the white stark
of winter
cannot do.

Fall…
the season my eyes
feel
the alleluia,

and my blood
joins the chorus,
full-throated.

Autumn holds
a promise…
a secret…
buried deep,

in decomposing leaves.
Joanne Adragna Shird



This area in which I live is abundant with blessings year round.  And despite winter being my favorite season of the year, when I stepped out my back door and hiked the fields and woods on our property just the other day, I could not help but feel Autumn's  vibrant beauty, and be grateful it precedes winter.



...just up the hill outside my back door...



...invasive, but lovely....



....this speaks of the glory....


...a truly fungal year....



....over the hill and above our adjacent rental property...this is a field we rent to neighbors where they have planted soybeans ...the rusty color is deep and beautiful...




...this shot overlooks our home from above.  You can see the vineyard, the barn, and peeking at the right, our house...and can you see.....the sky!




...overlooking our rental house from above the soybean field....


Sometimes all of this beauty overwhelms and rights all that is momentarily amiss.

 (I just couldn't resist adding this photo from a hike a couple of weeks ago...our Woodland Nymph.)

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

I LOVE all your photos Joanne. The colors this fall have really been wonderful and they've hung on longer than I've expected.

After seeing your land pictures, I felt like I walked right along with you. Thanks for sharing your beautiful land us all of us virtual friends.