This is the view from my deck a couple of mornings ago. Even though I often 'edit' my photos this is an entirely untouched, unedited photo. It was the most amazing sunrise I have ever witnessed. I had been sitting on the couch with my morning coffee, looking out the window to the west, when I noticed that everything was a glorious pink color. I quickly grabbed my camera and went on the deck which faces east. What a blessing this was!
Today, Sunday, is another glorious day. This autumn, at least so far, is absolutely stunning, and the weather has been the best we've had all year.
I have just returned from a bike ride where this tree is only one of many
whose colors are unbelievable. The reports are that Autumn's peak will not be until the 3rd week in October, but that is really hard to believe at this point.
On my return home I decided to harvest the Sweet Potatoes...
Sweet potato vines do not die back like white potato vines, indicating when one should harvest. I dug one hill and determined they were ready, and proceeded to dig them all.
A nice crop of sweet potatoes (a garden cart full) which will cure for a day or two before storage.
No comments:
Post a Comment