Here it is the 18th of March, and a new snow storm is upon us. It is relatively gentle and quite lovely, however it has brought about three inches so far. They prove to be a very treacherous three inches as our walkway, and the long driveway to my cabin were nothing but sheer ice, almost like skating ice, and now it is all covered with snow so one can't see the ice. Even stepping carefully, with ice spikes on my boots, I still wiped out!
Generally after a brief lunch, I sit on the couch and read for about 15 minutes. The couch has a nice view out the window, which I find myself constantly looking out, and today....
one by one
one by one...
and one by one
a parade of turkeys slowly marched by
they gathered near the top of this hill,
but never even walked in twos...
it was one by one, with great spaces in between, kind of like the 4th of July Parade.
Wish I could take advantage of this snow and go skiing, but although I have finished painting the two rooms, I have shelves to paint, floors to mop, rearrange, etc. Far to go yet.
But doesn't a new snowfall make the world pristine and beautiful?



1 comment:
It's hard to believe spring arrives on Wednesday! With all our snow cover, we won't see spring until ???
Post a Comment