Friday, February 8, 2013

STILL A LOT TO LEARN


I finally got the new camera out of the box!  Have been doing some studying, and some tentative photo taking.  This morning I decided to put them on the computer, only to find out that the UBS cord for my new camera was 'available separately' and I did not have it, I was a bit miffed to say the least.  Thankfully, my old cord fits and works.  

However, as all this was going on, my computer had gone back out for additional clean-up and repair, as when I got it back, things just were not working properly.  I find, at this point anyway, that I can not edit my photos, at least not as I usually did.  So the pictures on this posting are totally unedited.  I will study the manual and the book for Dummies some more, but for now, I am happy to have gotten this far.

A FEW DAYS OF WORKING WITH BREAD

Last week when my girls were here eating/cleaning me out of pesto bread sticks we decided that the next Nonnie day we would make bread sticks.  I had dough rising and ready...


Tiny rolling pins rolled out the dough, little hands applied the pesto then rolled the dough into bread sticks....




...a little left over dough just right for individual pizzas for lunch...


The bread sticks.
These girls are great in the kitchen, attentive, serious, and I know they are going to be great cooks!!!  A Nonnie's delight.


On another note, a small group of friends expressed some interest in a Bread Baking 101 gathering, and knowing it would be great fun, I bought the ingredients, set up four stations, and yesterday we made bread.
Our plan was to make sour dough baguettes, and I had prepped a quart of sour dough starter for each, had 7 grain bread flour and unbleached bread flour at the ready...(and some wine, of course)

Each at her own station,  mixing and stirring the initial sour dough ferment.




After mixing, and kneading the dough is now ready for rising.  Clean, wet dish towels will cover the bowls while rising.



As I had prepared ahead of time, bread at each of its stages for them to see, we had two warm, crusty loaves to eat along with the cheese, wine and dessert these lovely ladies brought along.


I really cannot remember when I last had such fun.  I kind of wish it hadn't happened yet, as I'd like to experience it again.  Guess I'll hunt up another interested group!

No comments: