Saturday, May 12, 2012

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
I have been thinking about my mother more than usual these past days.  I am filled with a deep nostalgia and wish she were still near, despite knowing that I carry her within me at all times.  
As my father was a traveling salesman she did much of the parenting without his being there....granted we heard a lot of "wait until your father gets home!"
We were fortunate to live with my grandmother's (my mother's mother) along with one of my mother's sisters, Minnie.  So we grew up surrounded by lots of 'Mothers' and owe each of them much of what we are.

I am profoundly grateful to them...their way of life and their parenting skills.  We had a large garden, a small vineyard, a huge larder filled with home canned goods, and always, always wonderful fresh, 'organic' food to eat.  We had little money, but we had plenty, plenty, plenty.

These woman gave me freedom to roam the woods behind the house and a love for all things natural.

They live in my heart and in my very flesh and blood and bones.  
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
My mother, me, my sisters Barbara and Jackie. (Our dear brother Vic, was not yet born.)
 


1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Very nice, love the photo!