WEAVER EXTRAORDINAIRE
The lovely spring warmth seems to have left us these past two days, replaced with cold, gray, and to say 'windy' is to put is extremely mildly. I can't say that I recall such raucous winds lasting for more than a few hours in the past.
Still, last evening when I went to bed it seemed somewhat mild. I opted to open the window fully and not just the usual crack. I did not sleep all that well because I would awaken to a strong breeze blowing over me, ruffling my hair, and each and every time bringing a smile to my face. I felt close and at one with the outdoors, and yet protected and comfortable in my warm bed.
Still this morning evidence of the wildness of the winds was everywhere, from downed twigs, branches, blown debris, to this....
intricately woven, sweet, small nest with, when I found it on the grass strip to my cabin, this sweet Banded Woolly Bear Caterpillar tucked into a little fuzz ball, looking not altogether different than a tiny fuzzy egg.
This Woolly Bear (Isia Isabella) will one day (with the assistance of Iris and Elsa) be an Isabella Tiger Moth. We will gently tend it until through its stages and until it is ready to fly away.

1 comment:
We had a crazy and wild night with the weather...lots of rain, lightening and wind. We too left the bedroom window open last night and I loved the cool air and listening to the rain falling all night.
Post a Comment