Sunday, July 17, 2011

A DIFFERENT KIND OF BLUE

I wanted to 'Pick Your Own' blueberries this year, but could not find the time to get over to the blueberry patch outside of Tomah. An Amish friend of ours brings in produce and sells it by the box, bushel, etc. I went there on Friday and bought 10 #'s of really good blueberries and a half bushel of peaches.


...a lovely dusky blue....

Picked through, washed and dried all 10 #'s when I got home. I froze most of them, but left enough out to have with yogurt and also to make a pie, which I did early this morning way before it was going to be 105 degrees with the heat index.

Hard to wait, but Freddie didn't succumb until mid-afternoon...


perhaps because of the extreme heat today, the pie still seemed warm...




and with some vanilla ice cream, he deemed it ...the best blueberry pie he'd ever eaten...

On another blue note, I went to Gramma's Attic (a twice per month jumble sale in an old building...and jumble is really a descriptive word for this place) yesterday and scored with.....



these brand new, Hand loomed brilliant blue and cream cotton napkins, at ten cents per. They are really lovely and I sure would like to replicate the weaving pattern. The colors are stunning, as well. I also got brand new beautiful place mats, four for a dollar. It is a real chore to weed through all of the items, but in this case, there they were, sitting right on top of the box waiting for me.

Now this is a blue that's easy to take.


3 comments:

barbindell said...

In Dell-should have come to visit! I can't do Grandma's Attic--too much stuff but am glad you scored.

Joanne said...

Honestly, I find Gramma's Attic too much, also, and I can never be in there for long, but it is cheap. I then went over to Monica's shop, and that's getting to be very nice.

riverweave said...

Yummy looking pie and mmmm- ice cream, what a superb summer treat. Lovely handwoven napkins, I'm glad a weaver rescued them!