Rag Roses
I thought when I retired, as I am sure most newly retired people do, that I was going to have time unlimited, time that was filled with a leisurely approach to all that I wanted to accomplish. Well, granted I'm not so much a leisurely person, I still thought my life would slow down and I would have ample time and space for all. This is just so not true!! I often think it is time to retire from retirement, as this is so frequently tire-ment or day by day, retire-ment. I do not mean to complain, as I LOVE retirement; time spent with my grandkids; time in the garden (despite the weeds racing ahead of me); time for the vineyard; time for biking; time for cooking and baking; time for writing; time for friends; time in the workshop, weaving, sewing, creating.
I can honestly say I am not 'tired', but I do feel crunched and often have to leave something out of my day that I long to have done, for instance a bike ride. Somehow that is always the first to be left out, but that is changing today, for as I leave this computer, I am hopping on my Gary Fisher.
The latest item to emerge from my workshop is a Rya Rag-roses lampshade. I am having lots of fun weaving lampshades, and have plenty of frames still to go. I am nearly out of rag balls, so I am going to have to explore other avenues for further shades.



No comments:
Post a Comment