Sunday, January 16, 2011

THE LAST STAGE (HOPEFULLY) OF THE SAGA


I am quite sure that none of you out there who just might be following this blog are 'chomping at the bit' to hear about my cabin basement project, which I have seemingly abandoned. (Well, only at the times I've been heartsick about it all.) Anyway, chomping or not, here is an update:

Here she stands!



As you enter the upstairs...my Herald Loom on which I have woven rugs and some long-ago place mats.


I had removed this chair to the house when I purchased another floor loom, and it is now reinstated in the cabin proper. It is a welcome sitting space on busy days.

My old stand-by, first loom...Union #36. It has served me well, having woven countless rugs, and perhaps is still my favorite loom.


This is my sewing 'station' and craft cupboard.


My computer corner...

...just leaving the upstairs...


...last glance, a lovely handwoven vest I found at Goodwill, and bought thinking I'd re-purpose it as a bag. It is just too beautiful to cut up, so I just look at it.

And on to the BASEMENT....


...just upon entering the door...


a look to the left into the display area

this is the old Union Costume Loom I was given, and which I have yet to 'mess' around with because...


...this is my latest 'problem'...a lovely little blue enamel LP stove, that seems to be malfunctioning. Old Wisconsin Heart, from which I bought it, has ordered a new regulator conversion kit, and a new thermostat, so hopefully I can heat the basement over 60 degrees without spending many $$ per week. Anyway, it has been too cold to spend much time in the basement as of yet.
this is just another of the looms patiently (I think) waiting for me to get to it!

A lovely old kitchen cupboard base that had been in our basement ever since we bought the place. A coat of paint in and out, and it is wonderful here.

...towards the display area...


This rug rack used to sit in the barn waiting for shows. It is so nice to be able to have the space to keep it up and useful.

...looking towards the door from the display area...


There are still days when it seems too painful to think about this basement project, but I am hoping that within the next week or so, the heating problem will be solved, and finally after all these months, I can step into it and stay for the day, and be grateful.

No comments: