Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'VE GOT YOU COVERED


As much as I wanted winter to hang around for a few more weeks, I am now in the Spring mode. When I was shopping several weeks ago I spied an adorable, very spring-like half apron with panels that were tie shaped, varied in color and flower print and I fell in love with it. Yes, I purchased it, took it home and made a pattern from it, without taking it apart. That was to become my spring (Easter) project. My first apron turned out quite nice, and I know the following ones will be easier and 'more perfect'. Doesn't everyone need an Easter apron?


On my next shopping trip to La Crosse, I found a hat that I really loved. I also bought that, took it home and without taking it apart, I made a pattern from that. Looking at what I considered my Easter apron, I realized it needed an Easter 'bonnet' to go with it. Aren't we tired of those muffin-shaped chef's hats anyway. Funky women need a funky hat to keep the hair out of their eyes and dishes. So I decided to make a matching hat to go with the apron. The hat was considerably more work than the apron as it is many pieced and identically lined as well. Still, I think the hats I embark on now will not be so complicated!


That funky woman with her Easter apron and Easter 'bonnet' slaving away in the kitchen sure needs a matching Easter Rose to brighten up her outfit.


The Easter Rose pin.

Hat and pin.

Now I need to find that funky woman. Perhaps it'll be me. But I'm excited about making more of this threesome.


2 comments:

cwisner said...

Sooo cool! Please model. They are so Springlike I can smell the Hyacinths and taste the chocolate.

Char

Joanne said...

Thank you so much. I just might wear one set on Easter. I am just finishing up the second cap, apron is done, and think these caps would add some 'fun' to any kitchen.
Mmmm, hyacinths and chocolate, now that sounds goog.